More People today are interested in achieving a higher level of health and fitness and are interested in the prevention of disease and injury rather than simply fixing an existing injury. Being at one’s best mentally, physically, and emotionally is the goal of many health-orientated people. Rather than fixing symptoms, people are now striving to develop their physicality. Striving to become stronger and healthier with better balance, flexibility and better mobility is how we get the most of life. Healthfx is a place where we evaluate your physical health and the barriers to you not being able to achieve what you would like to achieve and to develop a personal improvement plan to get to where you want to be.
How can healthfx physiotherapy and massage therapy help prevent injury and disease?
Combined Medical Health Sciences and Sport Health Sciences is how we bridge the gap between human movement, biomechanics, and the injury and aging processes. Our physiotherapists are duel trained in both Physiotherapy and in Kinesiology, in both the health and sport sciences just for this reason. We understand injury, disease, and we understand aging, and the physiological processes involved in these states. We study pathology, inflammation, and the disease process as well as the biomechanics, anatomy of human movement. In addition, our kinesiology backgrounds allow us to take our practice to another level as we understand physical activity and the biomechanics of athletic movement and function. Expertise in both the medical health science and the sport health sciences allows us to treat your injuries as well as develop your physical fitness, together to help you live a healthy lifestyle.
Over 25 years of thoughtful practice, healthfx has developed strategies that will not only correct your current imbalances and injured state but has experience in physical development as a means to staying physically healthy in a way that you can live your life and perform much better without the frustration of continuously breaking down. Being strategic, knowing your goals, assess and determine the gap, and develop a personal improvement plan that utilizes bench marks to assess progress. This is the way of life for someone who is interested in living a healthy lifestyle.
- reduction of pain
- improve mobility and function
- prevent injury, dysfunction, and imbalances that lead to poor function and disease
- improve cardiovascular fitness
- increase strength, endurance, and power
- increase flexibility, and joint range of motion
- correct imbalances
- improve posture and stability
- improve balance and prevent falls
- improve ability to perform a specific skill or task
- Improve core and trunk stability
- to evaluate your physical health using a musculoskeletal clinical examination, an orthopaedic assessment and a functional movement screen
- to analyze and interpret these findings and provide a physiotherapy diagnosis
- to develop a personal improvement plan with the goal to bridge the gap from where you are to where you want to be
- to making the changes in your lifestyle that are needed to reach your goals
- to put in the time that it takes for you to reach your goals,
- to let others know about your mission so that they can help you be accountable.
- to determine clinical and functional benchmarks as targets to monitor your progress with repeated evaluation of techniques and strategies being used.
- to encourage social support by recommending that you share your goals and progress with family and friends and to seek partnerships in reaching them.
- transformations come from the inside out and although your ability may have limitations based on a number of factors, your motivation will determine what you do, and your attitude will determine how well you do it.
- It is our privilege to help you transform your physical health and to help you live a physically healthy, physiologically sound, biomechanically correct, and forever a rich and developing life.
Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise program. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeing your doctor because of something you have read on healthfxtoronto.com. Any content or information provide by healthfxtoronto.com is for informational and educational purposes only and any use thereof is solely at your own risk. Neither healthfxtoronto.com nor its operators or staff or video presenters bears any responsibility thereof.
The information contained herein is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment in any manner. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding any medical condition. All information contained in heatlfhxtoronto.com including but not limited to text, graphics, images, videos, information, third party information and or advice, food, recipes, exercises, diets, psychology, websites, links, including but not limited to any content by employees, consultants or writers and contributors and or any other material contained herein are for informational and educational purposes only.